Background and Topics
The rapid proliferation of wireless cellular systems over the last decade has introduced fundamental changes to ”anytime, anywhere” Mobile Internet access, as well as posed new challenges for the research community. The fifth generation (5G) of mobile broadband standards, such as further evolution of 3GPP LTE-Advanced, target aggressive improvements in all aspects of wireless system design, including system capacity, energy efficiency, and quality of user experience. Promising next generation improvements cover, for example, more advanced antenna technologies on mobile platforms, enhanced network topologies, cross-layer and co-operative transmission techniques.
The Workshop aims to bring together the researchers from academia and the experts from industry to address recent advances in the design, modeling, prototyping, implementation, standardization, and deployment of broadband wireless access networks. It is held during the 11th International Congress on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems (ICUMT 2019), Dublin, Ireland on October 28 - 30, 2019.
Topics of the 10th RABAN Workshop include, but not limited to, the following:
- Cross-layer optimization concepts
- Energy efficiency and power management
- Co-operative and device-to-device communications
- Multi-access networks and multi-radio terminals
- Network cognition and self-configuration
- Heterogeneous network technologies and architectures
- Mobile broadband traffic support
- Vehicular networks
- Client quality of experience enhancement
- Machine-to-machine communications
- Interference mitigation and coordination approaches
- Distributed antenna architectures
- Advanced MIMO techniques
- Channel estimation techniques and channel models
- Spectrum management and regulatory issues
The authors are encouraged to submit full papers describing cutting-edge, state-of-the-art, previously unpublished and complete research, not currently under review by another conference or journal.
Papers in double column IEEE format must be submitted electronically via the EDAS system and should not exceed 6 pages with maximum of 4 additional could be purchased. The list of authors in the submitted manuscript should correspond to the list of the authors in EDAS. Proceedings of the Workshop will be published in IEEE Xplore and indexed in the relevant databases.