An afternoon seminar on "Dissemination of Recently Started EU/TEKES Projects - Novelty Aspects, Experiences and Opportunities" (official poster can be viewed here). Wednesday 27.3.2013 at 12.15-15.45, Tampere University of Technology, Tietotalo building, room TB111.
The following topics were on the agenda:
1. Welcoming words by IEEE FS SP/CAS representative Dr. Pasi Pertilä,
2. Health informatics is getting personal – what and why? Professor Ilkka Korhonen,
3. (Some) innovations in radio technology research by Professor Mikko Valkama,
4. Bids for EU funding by Research Liaison Officers Jo¨rg Lanwaldt and Johanna Hakulinen,
5. Is IAPP an attractive and easy Marie Curie Action to get and run? The case of PROLIGHT-IAPP project (and here) by Associate Professor Atanas Gotchev,
6. Turn your research agenda into an Initial Training Network (ITN) by professor Jari Nurmi - Cancelled!,
7. BrainCare: The future of epilepsy treatment by Project Researcher Andrei Jakab,
The event schedule can be viewed here.
The aim of the seminar was to make new research projects more visible and let them have more impact on the community of researchers, share experiences for funding applications, and let students and researchers know about possible openings in these projects. Duration of each talk was approximately 30 minutes, including questions. The talk contents were about the aims and goals of the project, what novel results are expected, and what is their expected impact on society. Especially in case of EU projects, tips on what made the project application stand out, what are the lessons learned, and good practices while preparing the application were discussed. TUT research liaison officers told about the general procedure of preparing EU projects.
Event Manager - IEEE Chapter Treasurer: Dr. Pasi Pertilä.
Event organized in collaboration with IEEE FS GOLD Tampere and IEEE FS Student Branch @TUT.