Radio Network Planning
- Information related to the course will be updated here before the course starts (academic year 2018-2019).(updated 13.7.2018)
- Results of the last, third, exam will be announced during August. Have a nice summer holiday until then! (updated 13.7.2018)
- The goal of the course is to provide information about the radio interface system planning process for GSM/UMTS/LTE and provide introduction for 5G and IoT.
Contents of the course
- Detailed planning
- Radio network planning tools
Time and Place
- Lectures on Period III and IV on Mondays at 10–13 in SM207. Lectures start on 7.1.2018. Lectured in English.
- Exercises are held in TC315 on Thursdays 08-10 (Group 1) and Fridays 12-14 (Group 2). Exercise sessions start on Thursday 17.1.2019 and on Friday 18.1.2019.
- Exam and project work, 6 cp.
- 1st exam 9.5.2019 (other exam dates announced later).
- Possibility to complete additional laboratory works, 3 cp in total (either separate course mark or included into ELT-43506).
- ELT-41206 Basic course on Wireless Communications – obligatory
- ELT-45006 Radio propagation in wireless networks – obligatory
- ELT-45106 RF equipment for wireless networks – obligatory
- Lecture notes (J. Lempiäinen, J. Niemelä, T. Isotalo, P. Lähdekorpi)
- J. Lempiäinen, M. Manninen, Radio Interface System Planning for GSM/GPRS/UMTS
- J. Lempiäinen, M. Manninen (ed.), UMTS Radio Network Planning, Optimization and QoS Management
- Course responsible, Lectures:
Prof. Jukka Lempiäinen, tel. (050) 511 5131, jukka.lempiainen(at)tut.fi, TD425
- Course assistant, Lectures, Exercises, Practical issues, Laboratory measurements, Project work:
Joonas Säe, joonas.sae(at)tut.fi, TD405
- Course assistant: exercises
Ritayan Biswas, ritayan.biswas (at) tut.fi, TD306.