Radio Network Planning
- The sign-up and instructions for the 3rd LTE lab is now available. See instructions from Laboratory works for more info. The third lab will be orginazided 23.-27.4.2018. The sign-up deadline for each lab is the previous weeks' Friday.
- The sign-up and instructions for the 2nd LTE lab is now available. See instructions from Laboratory works for more info. The second lab will be orginazided 16.-20.4.2018. The sign-up deadline for each lab is the previous weeks' Friday.
- Project work now available! The obligatory project work is now available. See more information from Project work section.
- The sign-up and instructions for the 1st LTE lab is now available. See instructions from Laboratory works for more info. The first lab works will be orginazided 9.-13.4.2018.
- The LTE labs will start after Easter break. There will be sign-up sheets available later on.
- PLEASE NOTE! The exercise group 1 will be cancelled for the fourth period. There were so few students during period 3 and no students during this week so we decided to cancel the Tuesday group. Thus, the Firday group is now the only exercise group we have.
- No exercises during week 7 (12.-16.2.)! Exercises continue normally in week 8 (19.-23.2.).
- The course starts on Monday 8.1.2018 in TB207! Please note that the lectures start already at 12.15!
- Information related to the course will be updated here before the course starts.
- The goal of the course is to provide information about the radio interface system planning process for GSM/UMTS/LTE and provide introduction for 5G and IoT.
Contents of the course
- Detailed planning
- Radio network planning tools
Time and Place
- Lectures on Period III and IV on Mondays at 12–15 in TB207. Lectures start on 8.1.2018. Lectured in English.
- Exercises are held in TC315 on Tuesdays 12-14 (Group 1) and Fridays 15-17 (Group 2). Exercise sessions start on week 3, i.e. on Tuesday 16.1.2018 and on Friday 19.1.2018.
- Exam and project work, 6 cp.
- 1st exam 2.5.2018 (other exam dates announced later).
- Possibility to complete additional laboratory works, 3 cp in total (either separate course mark or included into ELT-43506).
- ELT-41206 Basic course on Wireless Communications – obligatory
- ELT-45006 Radio propagation in wireless networks – obligatory
- ELT-45106 RF equipment for wireless networks – obligatory
- Lecture notes (J. Lempiäinen, J. Niemelä, T. Isotalo, P. Lähdekorpi)
- J. Lempiäinen, M. Manninen, Radio Interface System Planning for GSM/GPRS/UMTS
- J. Lempiäinen, M. Manninen (ed.), UMTS Radio Network Planning, Optimization and QoS Management
- Course responsible, Lectures:
Prof. Jukka Lempiäinen, tel. (050) 511 5131, jukka.lempiainen(at)tut.fi, TD425
- Course assistant, Lectures, Exercises, Practical issues, Laboratory measurements, Project work:
Joonas Säe, joonas.sae(at)tut.fi, TD405
- Course assistant: exercises
Ritayan Biswas, ritayan.biswas (at) tut.fi, TD306.