- Finally also for the 2nd exam, the final grades including all bonuses are now written in POP/ROCK.
For details, please have a look on the bonus points
table. Apologies for the delay.
- The final grades including all bonuses are now written in POP/ROCK.
For details, please have a look on the bonus points table.
- The link to the survey for the extra bonus point can be found: here.
- The final list of equations for the
exam. Only minor changes made.
Some very simple or obvious equations were not added, and equations from extra material
were not added. Prepare well, and good luck for the exam.
- The last lecture was about
wrap-up of core content,
the exam, and wishing all good for the future. Thank you.
- Due to independence day, the exercise sessions on Thursday 6.12.2012 are
cancelled. There is one additional exercise session on Tuesday 4.12.2012
- Information of the UMTS demo can now be found from
here, and the sign-up for
the demos is open at POP.
- Draft version of the list of provided equations in the exam and related additional
bonus task available. See the instructions.
- Referring to the discussion and voting at today's lectures: Monday
exercise group is cancelled (almost no support). Thursday 8-10 group added
(slightly more support than Friday 14-16)
- Exercise session on Mondays 12:15-14:00 cancelled / moved to Thursday 8:15-10:00 OR Friday
14:15-16:00. More information in your email.
- The course kick-off will be 5th September starting at 9:15 at lecture
room S2 in the second floor of Sähkötalo. No lectures on August 29th.
- The exercises start one week after the lectures, i.e. September 10th.
- General information, such as description, prerequisites, exams, content,
and learning outcomes for the course and the 2012 implementation can
be found from POP.
- Common announcements, material, etc. will be announced here.
- Urgent announcements, cancellations, etc. will be broadcasted
through POP mailing list for all the course attendants.
- To pass the course, all you need to do is to pass the exam.
- Participation on lectures, exercises etc. is not mandatory, but strongly recommended.
- To engourage participation in exercises and UMTS Demo, a bonus point
is given for active participation. By collecting all bonus points, you
are able to improve accepted exam grade 1...4 by one number, as in the
Note: Grade 0 can not be improved by bonus points.
Time and Place
Wednesdays at 9:15-12:00 in S2 on Period I.
Exception: October 10th at TB222
Wednesdays at 9:15-12:00 in TB224 on Period II.
Tuesdays 14:15-16:00 TC221
Thursdays 8:15-10:00 TC221
Thursdays 10:15-12:00 TC221
Exception: Thursday December 6th cancelled due to independence day, and
additional session on Thursday December 4th 16-18.
Lectured in English. The Finnish version TLT-6100 with equal content is
lectured on periods II-III.
No teaching on exam week 42 (October 15th-21st)
No teaching on exam weeks 50-51 (December 10th-23rd)
- Course organization and lectures: Tero Isotalo, tero.isotalo (at) tut.fi
- Visiting lecturer: Dr. Zahidul Bhuiyan
- Exercises: Jie Zhang, jie.zhang (at) tut.fi
- Exercises: Shweta Shresta, shweta.shresta (at) tut.fi
- Exercises and UMTS Demo: Prabhat Man Sainju, prabhat.sainju (at) tut.fi