|Weekly Teaching / Period||1||2||3||4||5||Summer|
Lectures: Tuesdays 10:15-12:00 in TC173.
Course responsible: Prof. Nikolay Tchamov, room TH108,
Course coordinator: Tapio Lehtonen, room TH117, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Study guide description: TLT-8206 COMMUNICATION CIRCUITS AND MODULES I (link to study guide).
Goal: To develop a theoretical and practical understanding of modern wireless communication receivers and transmitters and their specialized building blocks.
1. Different RF building blocks of well-established modern transmitter and receiver architectures.
2. Parameters of key-performance RF blocks: Oscillators, low-noise amplifiers, power amplifiers and others.
3. Circuit-level implementation examples of RF blocks.
4. Circuit design with PSpice and Cadence.
5. Measurement specifics of RF blocks.
Requirements: Exam and completion of the exercises.
Literature: Selected chapters from various books, for example B. Razavi, RF Microelectronics (Prentice Hall, 1998), ISBN: 0-13-887571-5, and Gray, Hurst, Lewis and Meyer, Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits, 4th edition (John Wiley & Sons, 2001), ISBN: 0-471-32168-0.