|Weekly Teaching / Period||1||2||3||4||5||Summer|
Lectures: Thursday 14-16, TC173
Exercises: Auditorium exercises in TC171. Fri 13-15
Course responsible: Prof. Nikolay Tchamov, room TH108,
Course coordinator: Pekko Ruippo, room TH115, e-mail: email@example.com.
Study guide description: TLT-8256 MIXED-MODE COMMUNICATION CIRCUITS AND MODULES I (link to study guide).
Goal: Basic and intermediate level analysis and signal processing of receiver and transmitter architectures. The goal is to select the critical places and the most suitable method for Analog-to-Digital and Digital-to-Analog Conversions, and to develop creative knowledge, theoretical and practical, on the needed mixed-mode blocks.
1. Data conversion principles and their application in modern wireless communication.
2. Various sampler architectures of modern data conversion systems.
3. Analog-to-Digital Converters (ADC), Digital-to-Analog Converters (DAC) and their performance metrics.
4. Different building blocks of ADCs and DACs.
5. Circuit design and analysis with PSpice.
Requirements: Exam and completion of the exercises.
Literature: Selected chapters from various books, for example B. Razavi, Principles of Data Conversion System Design (IEEE Press, 1995), ISBN: 0-7803-1093-4