|Weekly Teaching / Period||1||2||3||4||5||Summer|
Lectures: Wednesdays 09:15-12:00 in TC173.
Exercises: Fridays 08:30-10:00 in TC171
Course responsible: Prof. Nikolay Tchamov, room TH108,
Course coordinator: M.Sc. Pekko Ruippo, room TH115, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Study guide description: TLT-8556 MIXED-MODE COMMUNICATION CIRCUITS AND MODULES II (link to study guide).
Goal: From basic, through intermediate and up to advanced level analysis and signal processing of receiver and transmitter architectures. The goal is to select the critical places and the most suitable method for Analog-to-Digital and Digital-to-Analog Conversions, and to develop creative knowledge, theoretical and practical, on the needed mixed-mode block circuit level implementations.
1. Contemporary overview of the data conversion systems architectures with their pros and cons in different tranceiver architectures.
2. Investigation of various circuit level implementations of the data conversion systems.
3. Transient analysis and its application to the data conversion system building blocks.
4. Design and analysis of different building blocks of data conversion systems.
5. Measurement specifics for data conversion systems.
Requirements: Exam and completion of the exercise work.
Literature: Selected chapters from various books, for example B. Razavi, Principles of Data Conversion System Design (IEEE Press, 1995), ISBN: 0-7803-1093-4