|Weekly Teaching / Period||1||2||3||4||5||Summer|
RF-ASIC Design II will be arranged on Spring 2008, in Periods 4-5.
The first lecture will be on Thursday 7.2. at 9:15 in TC-173.
Lectures: Tuesdays 09:15-12:00 in TC173.
Exercises: Auditorium exercises on Tuesdays 13:15-16 in TC171.
Course responsible: Prof. Nikolay Tchamov, room TH108,
Course coordinator: Sami Sipilä, room TH112, e-mail: email@example.com.
Study guide description: TLT-8606 RF-ASIC DESIGN II (link to study guide).
Goals: The course gives intermediate to advance knowledge on RF-ASIC design and skills on practical implementation (electrical and physical) of RF blocks.
1. Sub-micron and nano SiGe/BiCMOS/CMOS technologies. Specific monolithic RF-components, such as varactors, inductors and transformers.
2. RF-ASIC design implementations: VCO, LNA, Power Amplifier, Mixer and Frequency Divider.
3. Single-chip transceiver, crosstalk, leakage and other effects between various blocks.
4. Practical on-wafer RF-ASIC measurements.
5. Software tools for RF-ASIC design.
Requirements: Exam, completion of the exercise work, and measurement demo.
Literature: Selected chapters from various books, for example Gray, Hurst, Lewis and Meyer, Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits, 4th edition (John Wiley & Sons, 2001), ISBN: 0-471-32168-0.
Updated 31-January-2008, Sami Sipilä