The Configurable Processor Comes of Age
Tensilica, the leading supplier of configurable microprocessor cores will present its Xtensa processor development environment.
The Xtensa processor is ideally suited for SoC design.
- Greater flexibility. For example fully synthesisable RTL source as a standard feature and a full GNU based software environment
- Easier and faster cost/performance analysis so that you can architect the best hardware/software combination for your unique application
- A complete embedded processor development environment so that hardware and software are developed in synch and in minimum time.
- Highest code density so that memory requirements are minimised
- Integration of functions within the processor which are traditionally implemented with additional IP blocks.
This results in lower overall silicon cost, fewer integration problems and easier verification