Personal use of the material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works, must be obtained (e.g.,from the IEEE, Wiley, ESA, etc).
1. R. Hamila, "Synchronization and Multipath Delay Estimation Algorithms for Digital Receivers", 2002
2. E.S. Lohan, "Multipath delay estimators for fading channels with applications in CDMA receivers and mobile positioning", Oct 2003
5. D. Skournetou, Mitigation of Dominant Channel Propagation Effects in GNSS-based Positioning, 2012
1. E. Pajala, ``Code frequency acquisition algorithms for BOC modulated CDMA signals with applications in Galileo and GPS systems'', MSc thesis, TUT, Aug 2005
2. Z. Bhuiyan, ``Analyzing code tracking algorithms for Galileo Open Service signal'', MSc thesis, TUT, Aug 2006
3. J.L. Garcia Torrent, “Narrowband interference in the Galileo signal”, MSc thesis, TUT, Apr 2007
4. D. Skournetou, ‘Delay Estimators for tracking low CNR GNSS signals’, MSc thesis, TUT, Aug 2007
5. X. Hu, ‘Simulink receiver implementation for Galileo SinBOC(1,1) signal tracking’, MSc thesis,
6. TUT, Apr 2008
7. N. Islam, ‘CNR estimation and indoor channel modeling of GPS signals’, MSc thesis, TUT, Apr 2008
8. M.F. Samad, "Effects of MBOC Modulation on GNSS Acquisition Stage", May 2009
9. Antonia Kalaitzi, "Measurement-based Multipath Characterization for Indoor GPS Channels", May 2009
10. Alexandru Rusu Casandra, “Digital signal processing in global navigation satellite and pseudolite systems”, Sep 2009
11. Zhang Jie, “Delay Tracker for Galileo CBOC Modulated Signals and Their Simulink-based implementations”, Feb 2010
12. Bashir Siddiqui, ‘Simulink-based acquisition unit for Galileo E1 CBOC-modulated signals’, Apr 2010
13. Saju Singh, “Comparison of Interference Cancellation Techniques in Code Acquisition for BOC Modulated CDMA Signals of Galileo Open Service System”, Jun 2010
14. Nazia Kanwal, “Vector Tracking Loop Design for Degraded Signal Environment” (thesis in co-supervision with Department of Computer Systems, TUT, Jun 2011
15. Shweta Shrestha, RSS-based position estimation in cellular and WLAN-networks, Mar 2012
16. Victor Juarez-Leria, Timing-based location estimation for OFDM signals with applications in LTE, WLAN and Wimax, 2012
17. Sara de Juan Silvan, Nomothetic approaches for spectrum sensing, May 2012
1. M.Z.H. Bhuiyan and E.S. Lohan, “Multipath Mitigation Techniques for Satellite-Based Positioning Applications”, book chapter 17 in S. Jin (Ed.), “Global Navigation Satellite Systems: Signal, Theory and Applications”, ISBN 978-953-307-843-4, InTech, February 2012
1. F. Benedetto, G. Giunta, E.S. Lohan, M. Renfors, “A fast unambiguous acquisition algorithm for BOC-modulated signals”, IEEE Trans on Vehicular technology, pp.1350-1355, Mar 2013
2. E.S. Lohan and G. Seco-Granados, “C/N0-based criterion for selecting BOC-modulated GNSS signals in cognitive positioning”, IEEE Comm Letters, vol. 7(3),pp.537-540, Mar 2013.
3. J. Zhang, J. Salmi , E.S. Lohan, "Analysis of Kurtosis-based LOS/NLOS Identification using Indoor MIMO Channel Measurements", early view: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=06471285, will appear in IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 62, issue 6, pp. 1-4, July 2013
4. M. de Reuver, D. Skournetou, E.S. Lohan, “Impact of Galileo Commercial Service on Location Based Service Providers: Business Model Analysis and Policy Implications”, Journal of Location Based Services, Dec 2012, DOI:10.1080/17489725.2012.750018
5. J. Zhang and E.S. Lohan, “Galileo E1 and E5a Link-level Performance for Dual Frequency Overlay Structure”, ICST Transactions, DOI 10.4108/ trans.ubienv.2012.e3, Jan-Mar 2012
6. M. Z. H. Bhuiyan, J. Zhang, E.S. Lohan, W. Wang, and S. Sand, “Analysis of multipath mitigation techniques with land mobile satellite channel model” in Radioengineering journal, ISSN 1210-2512, vol. 21(4), Dec 2012, pp. 1067-1078.
7. E.S. Lohan, “Limited Bandwidths and Correlation Ambiguities: Do They Co-Exist in Galileo Receivers”, SCIRP POS Journal, Vol.2 No.1, February 2011 , PP.14-21 DOI: 10.4236/pos.2011.21002
8. D. Skournetou and E.S. Lohan, “Ionosphere-corrected range estimation in dual-frequency GNSS receivers”, IET Radar, Sonar and Navigation journal, Vol. 5, Issue 3, p.215–224, March 2011. doi:10.1049/iet-rsn.2010.0037
9. D. Skournetou , A.H. Sayed, and E.S. Lohan, “Cramer Rao Bounds for Multipath Channel Estimation in GNSS Receivers”, International Journal of Navigation and Observation, IJNO, 2011
10. E.S. Lohan, M. Z. H. Bhuiyan and H. Hurskainen, “MBOC Signal Options: Performance of Multiplexed Binary Offset Carrier Modulations for Modernized GNSS Systems”, GPS World, Innovation Column, June 2011.
11. E.S. Lohan, A. Rusu-Casandra, O. Cramariuc, I. Marghescu, B. Cramariuc, “End-User Attitudes towards Location-Based Services and Future Mobile Wireless Devices: The Students’ Perspective”, MDPI Information, 2011, 2, 426-454; doi:10.3390/info2030426., ISSN 2078-2489, pp. 426-454.
12. J. Zhang and E.S.Lohan, "Effect of Narrowband Interference on Galileo E1 Signal Receiver Performance", Hindawi International Journal of Observation and Navigation, Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 959871, 10 pages, doi:10.1155/2011/959871, http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijno/2011/959871/
13. E.S. Lohan and D. Skournetou , "A new method for estimating CNR: How the level crossing rate of the correlation function can be utilized for accurate CNR estimation?”, in InsideGNSS magazine (Sep/Oct 2010)
14. E. Pérez-Serena, S. Thombre, M. Valkama, E.S. Lohan, V. Syrjälä, M. Detratti, H. Hurskainen, J. Nurmi, “Local Oscillator Phase Noise Effects on GNSS Code Tracking”, in InsideGNSS magazine (Nov/Dec 2010)
15. M.H. Bhuiyan and E.S. Lohan, "Advanced multipath mitigation techniques for satellite-based positioning applications”, in International Journal on Navigation and Observation, Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 412393, 15 pages, doi:10.1155/2010/412393
16. M.Z.H. Bhuiyan, E.S. Lohan, and M. Renfors, ``Code Tracking Algorithms for Mitigating Multipath Effects in Fading Channels for Satellite-based Positioning'', EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing , vol. 2008, article ID 863269, published on-line
17. Heikki Hurskainen, Elena Simona Lohan, Xuan Hu, Jussi Raasakka, and Jari Nurmi. ''Multiple Gate Delay tracking structures for GNSS signals and their evaluation with Simulink, SystemC and VHDL'', EURASIP International Journal of Navigation and Observation, volume 2008, article ID 785695, published on-line
18. E.S. Lohan, A. Burian, and M. Renfors ``Low-complexity acquisition methods for split-spectrum CDMA signals'', Wiley International Journal of Satellite Communications, vol. 26, pp. 503-52, 2008
19. E. S. Lohan, Analysis of Filter-Bank-Based Methods for Fast Serial Acquisition of BOC-Modulated Signals, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, Volume 2007 (2007), Article ID 25178, 12 pages, doi:10.1155/2007/25178
20. Adina Burian, Elena Simona Lohan, and Markku Renfors, “Efficient Delay Tracking Methods with Sidelobes Cancellation for BOC-Modulated Signals”, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, Volume 2007 (2007), Article ID 72626, 20 pages
21. E. S. Lohan, A. Lakhzouri, and M. Renfors, "Feedforward delay estimators in adverse multipath propagation for Galileo and modernized GPS signals”, EURASIP Journal of Applied Signal Processing, vol 2006, Article ID 50971, 19 pages
22. E. S. Lohan, ``Statistical analysis of BPSK-like techniques for the acquisition of Galileo signals'', AIAA Journal of Aerospace Computing, Information, and Communication, vol3, May 2006, pp.234--243.
23. E. S. Lohan, A. Lakhzouri, M. Renfors, ``Complex Double-Binary-Offset-Carrier modulation for a unitary characterization of Galileo and GPS signals'', IEE Proceedings on Radar, Sonar, and Navigation, vol. 153(5), pp. 403-408, Oct 2006.
24. R. Hamila, A. Lakhzouri, E. S. Lohan, and M. Renfors, ``A Highly Efficient Generalized Teager-Kaiser-Based Technique for LOS Estimation in WCDMA Mobile Positioning'', EURASIP Journal of Applied Signal Processing, vol. 5, pp. 698--708, Apr 2005
25. E. S. Lohan, A. Lakhzouri, and M. Renfors, ``Statistical Properties of Urban WCDMA Channel for Mobile Positioning Applications'', International Journal of Wireless and Optical Communications (IJWOC), vol. 2, No. 2, Dec 2004.
26. R. Hamila, E.S. Lohan, and M. Renfors, ``Subchip multipath delay estimation for downlink WCDMA system based on Teager-Kaiser operator'', IEEE Communications Letters, Volume: 7 Issue: 1, pp. 1-3, Jan. 2003.
27. E.S. Lohan and M. Renfors, "Performance analysis of the Rake receiver in the presence of multipath delay estimation errors and Rician fading channels", European Transactions on Telecommunications, Volume 14, pp. 435-447, Dec. 2003.