NOTE: Poster size information added below.
CALL FOR PAPERS
You are cordially invited to submit full papers or abstracts to WCSB 2013. The selected full length papers will be published as a Supplement to BMC Bioinformatics and a Supplement to BMC Systems Biology. The Oral presentations will be selected mainly from full papers. Other submissions will be presented as posters. At least one of the authors of the submitted paper needs to register into the workshop.
Abstract-only submissions (extended to April 25th):
The authors can choose to submit only a one-page abstract, which will also be included in the WCSB 2013 proceedings.
- Please submit your one page (400 word maximum) abstract for a poster (or contributed talk) by April 18 April 25th, 2013 by using the submission system. Abstract submission should include title, authors, affiliations, email addresses, introduction, results, and conclusions. The scientific committee will then meet and all authors will be informed on the decision (reject/accept) accordingly.
- Please note that at least one registration fee is required per abstract.
- Submit the pdf of the abstract using styling defined here:
The papers should be
maximum 3000 words long original
research papers including abstract,
introduction, results, figures, tables, and
references. Full papers will be reviewed by the scientific
committee and the
accepted papers will be published in the Supplement to BMC
Supplement to BMC Systems Biology or in WCSB 2013 proceedings.
- Please submit your full paper by February 11th, 2013 by using the
submission system. Each paper will receive comments from peer
reviewers and notification on having the decision (reject / accept (with modifications)). Please, submit the paper as pdf, using
either the format of BMC or the WCSB proceedings, both defined below.
- The revised version of the paper needs to be re-submitted by April 10th.
- Based on the revised version the scientific committee selects the best papers to be published in the Supplements to BMC Bioinformatics and BMC Systems Biology, other accepted papers will be published in WCSB 2013 proceedings.
the Supplements to BMC Bioinformatics and BMC Systems Biology:
- The scientific committee recommends the best ones of the papers to be accepted for publishing in the Supplement to BMC Bioinformatics or Supplement to BMC Systems Biology. Authors of these papers are asked to format the papers based on the BMC criteria by May 5th and to submit the papers through the submission system. The editor in chief of the BMC Bioinformatics and BMC Systems Biology will make the final decision on the acceptance of BMC journals.
- The abstracts of these papers (400 word maximum) will also be published in the WCSB proceedings.
- NOTE: There will be an article processing charge of €1200 for articles accepted for publication in the Supplements of BMC Bioinformatics or BMC Systems Biology.
- For the WCSB proceedings:
- If the paper is accepted to be published in the WCSB proceedings, the camera ready version needs to be submitted as PDF for the conference proceedings formatted according to the specifications and style templates below:
- Submission deadline for camera-ready paper is May 12th.
- Submitted papers should be in PDF format.
- Name of the authors, affiliations and the email addresses should be included in the paper.
- The figures and tables should be placed as the upmost items on each page. This is desirable, while not always possible. In particular, try to avoid the style where your figures are scattered here and there and the text becomes fragmented.
- All the accepted papers will be presented in the WCSB meeting either as a contributed talk or poster presentation.
- Please note that at least one registration fee is required per paper.
- If you
prefeer your article to be reviewed only for WCSB Proceedings and not
for the BMC Supplements, please indicate that in submission form in the
Message to the Program Committee and Chairs section.
Download the call for papers here.
Submit your paper with CONFTOOL here.
|Submission deadline for full paper (extended from Feb 4th):||February 11,
|Submission deadline for revised paper:||April 10,
|Submission deadline for BMC paper:||May 5, 2013
|Submission deadline for proceedings paper:||May 12, 2013
|Submission deadline for abstract-only (extended from Apr 18th):||April 25,
|Early bird registration deadline:||May 4, 2013
- Posters should be of A0 size (841mm x 1189mm) in portrait orientation.