Thank you for your interest in our research and research group. Below,
you will find open position(s) which have recently been advertized in
our research group. Please consult this page frequently for new
postings. In addition to the specific open positions posted below, we
may occasionally offer new PhD students and postdoc positions in the
areas of Big Data analytics and video compression and streaming. In
case you are interested in any of the advertized positions, see the
instructions below on how to apply.
Posting on 8 February 2016:
Open Researcher position in video encoding algorithms at Tampere University of Technology, Tampere, Finland
In this position you will study and compare video encoding approaches
targeted for real-time encoding of multiview fisheye video content on
selected computing platforms. Your work will include encoding algorithm
development and software implementation. The position is c-supervised
by Nokia Technologies and you will have a chance to work closely with
Nokia's video coding and camera teams.
- Master degree in a relevant field
- C/C++ programming skills and experience
- Practical experience on video/image encoding methods
- Knowledge of the image/video coding standards (H.264, H.265, JPEG-2000, etc.)
- Good understanding on implementing video/image algorithms on modern
computing architectures, such as FPGA-based platforms and GPGPU
- OpenCL and/or CUDA programming skills are considered a plus but not a prerequisite
Starting date: 1 April or sooner
Duration: end of 2016 with possible extension to June 2017 and beyond.
Interested candidates send your CV and course transcript to the undersigned urgently.
For more information
Please contact Academy Prof. Moncef Gabbouj, Tampere University of Technology.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Internet: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~moncef
How to Apply?
Applications can be submitted in PDF format by email to
(Moncef.email@example.com). The positions will remain open until filled.
The (preferably single document) application should include the
- Letter of motivation
- CV (including names and contact details of at least two references,
one of which is preferably the MSc or PhD thesis supervisor)
- Copy of MSc/PhD degree certificate
- List of publications
Back to Research Group