PhD, Senior Member IEEE
[ Evgeny Kucheryavy - Henkilökortti ]
Head of ET4NBIC Lab (Emerging Technologies for Nano-Bio-Info-Cogno)
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
Tampere University of Technology
e-mail: yk [at] cs.tut.fi
mobile: +358 (0) 40 7710619
Advisory Board Member
Brno University of Technology (Czech Republic)
The Faculty of Electrical Engineering
Spring 2013 office hours: Tuesday 10:00 - 12:00
- TLT-2316 Computer Networking I - lecturer (next is during fall 2013)
- TLT-2336 Computer Networking II - lecturer (next is during spring 2013)
- TLT-2626 Peer-to-Peer Networks - supervisor (next is during spring 2013)
- TLT-2636 Wireless Networking - lecturer (next is during spring 2013)
- TLT-2656 Special Course on Networking - supervisor (next is during fall 2013)
- wireless networking for moving objects
- energy efficiency in wireless networks
- IoT (Internet of Things), M2M, smart grid
- VANET networking and services
- P2P/Cloud services
- QoS and QoE in wireless networks
- cooperative transmission and relaying
- nanocommunication networks
- IEEE Communications Magazine, Associate Technical Editor. Impact Factor 3.785
- IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, Editor. Impact Factor 6.311
- IEEE Communication Society Technology News, Editor
- IEEE MMTC Committee Co-Chair of Interest Group on Distributed and Sensor Networks for Mobile Media Computing and Applications
- IEEE Globecom 2014, NGN Symposium Co-Chair
Ongoing research projects
- IoT (Internet of Things) Strategic Research Agenda, funded by TEKES, 2012 - 2015, PI.
- LTE D2D, funded by Intel, 2013, PI.
- HetNets, funded by Intel, 2013, PI.
- Nanocommunication Networks, FiDiPro, funded by Academy of Finland, Prof. Ian F. Akyildiz, Georgia Tech, USA, 2012 - 2016, PI.
- Energy-Efficient Cooperative Approaches for Machine-to-Machine Communication, funded by Academy of Finland, 2012 - 2013, PI
- Relay-Aware Wireless Network Optimization Algorithm, funded by TISE Graduate School, 2012 - 2016, supervisor.
- WiNeMO: Wireless Networking for Moving Objects, IC0906, funded by ESF COST, 2009 - 2014, Chair.
- PedestriansSafety: Performance Evaluation of Pedestrian Active Safety System based on Pedestrian-to-Vehicle Communication, funded by GETA Graduate School, 2010 - 2013, supervisor (acceptance ratio 11%)
- Cooperative Transmission Research for Cellular Wireless Networks, funded by GETA Graduate School. 2011 - 2015. Supervisor (acceptance ratio 15%)
Past research projects
- Future Ubiquitous Services and Applications UBISERVE, funded by TEKES, NSN and Nokia, 2010 - 2012, PI.
- LTE D2D, funded by Intel, 2012, PI.
- Energy optimization for future wireless terminals and systems, funded by TISE Graduate School, 2010 - 2012, supervisor.
- ICT SHOK Future Internet Programme, funded by Tekes, 2008 - 2012.
- Cooperative Transmission Research for Cellular Wireless Networks, funded by CIMO, 01/2011-09/2011, supervisor
- Cross-layer performance control and optimization system for wireless channels. Academy of Science, Finland. 2006 - 2009.
- ICT SHOK, TEKES, Finland, 2008 - 2009.
- COST 290 Wi-QoST: Traffic and QoS Management in Wireless Multimedia Networks, ESF COST, 2004 - 2008.
- IST FP6 NoE E-NEXT. 2003 – 2005.
- ICEFIN. TEKES. 2002 – 2004.
Ten Selected Publications
1. S. Balasubramaniam, S. Ben-Yehuda, S. Pautot, A. Jesorka, P. Lio', Y. Koucheryavy, "A Review of Experimental Opportunities for Molecular Communication", Nano Communication Networks, Elsevier, 2013.
2. M. Gerasimenko, V. Petrov, O. Galinina, S. Andreev, and Y. Koucheryavy, “Impact of MTC on Energy and Delay Performance of Random-Access Channel in LTE-Advanced”, Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies, Wiley, 2013.
3. S. Andreev, Y. Koucheryavy, N. Himayat, P. Gonchukov, A. Turlikov “Energy Efficient Communications for Future Broadband Cellular Networks”, Elsevier Computer Communications, vol. 35, no. 14, pp. 1662-1671, Impact Factor 0.958 (5-year).
4. A. Vinel, E. Belyaev, K. Egizarian, Y. Koucheryavy, “An Overtaking Assistance System Based on Joint Beaconing and Real-TimeVideo Transmission”, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol 61, Issue: 5, Page(s): 2319-2329, June 2012. Impact factor 1.485 (2010).
5. S. Andreev, O. Galinina, Y. Koucheryavy "Energy-Efficient Client Relay Scheme for Machine-to-Machine Communication", IEEE Globecom 2011, Houston, TX, USA.
6. A. Vinel, C. Campolo, J. Petit, Y. Koucheryavy, “Trustworthy Broadcasting in IEEE 802.11p/WAVE Vehicular Networks: Delay Analysis”, IEEE Communications Letters, Vol. PP(99) : p. 1–3. 2011. ISSN: 1089-7798. Impact factor 1.059 (2010).
7. C. Campolo, A. Vinel, A. Molinaro, Y. Koucheryavy, "Modeling Broadcasting in IEEE 802.11p/WAVE Vehicular Networks", IEEE Communications Letters, Volume: 15, Issue: 2, 2011 , Page(s): 199 - 201. Impact factor 1.059 (2010).
8. D. Moltchanov, Y. Koucheryavy and J. Harju, "Performance response of wireless channels for quantitatively different loss and arrival statistics", Elsevier Performance Evaluation, Volume 67, Issue 1, January 2010, Pages 1-27. Impact factor 1.516 (5-year).
9. Y. Koucheryavy, S. Balandin, K. Krinkin "MAEMO-based Scalable Platform for Construction of User-driven Social Location Based Services", demo at IEEE CCNC 2010, January 9-12, 2010, Las Vegas, USA.
10. D. Moltchanov, Y. Koucheryavy and J. Harju, “Cross-layer modeling of wireless channels for data-link and IP layer performance evaluation”, Elsevier Computer Communications, Volume 29, Issue 7, 24 April 2006, Pages 827-841. Impact Factor 0.958 (5-year).
- FRUCT, Finnish-Russian University Cooperation in Telecommunications, Chair of Advisory board
- Member of the Steering Committee of International Master's Degree Programme in IT
Conferences (I'm currently involved in)
- Globecom 2014, NGN symposium Co-Chair, December 2014, Austin, Texas, US
- SCPA at ICC 2013, the 3rd IEEE International Workshop on Smart Communication Protocols and Algorithms, TPC Chair
- ITST 2013, the 13th International Conference on ITS Telecommunications, October 2013, Tampere, Finland, General Chair
- ICUMT 2013, Almaty, Kzazkhastan, September 2013, General Co-Chair
- NEW2AN 2013, the 13th NEW2AN, St.Petersburg, Russia, August 2012, General Chair
- ruSMART 2013, the 6th Intenational Conference on Smart Sapces, St.Petersburg, Russia, August 2011, Organizing Committee Chair
Editorial board membership
- IEEE Communications Magazine, Associate Technical Editor
- IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, Editor
- Transactions on Emerging Telecommunication Technologies, Wiley
- Elsevier Ad Hoc Networks Journal (2006 - 2008)
- International Journal of E-Health and Medical Communications (IJEHMC)
- Journal of Internet Engineering (JIE)
- Journal of Communication Software and Systems (JCOMSS)
Call for papers pages and related
- acceptance ratio of valuable communications conferences (USA)
- ERCIM eMobility Working Group
- OPNET Modeler @ TUT
- Russians in networking world
- my book Traffic Management and QoS assurance in IP-based Networks (only in Russian)
- network simulator 2, russian pages