Annamaria Mesaros research homepage
Between June 2012-Sept 2014 I worked as postdoctoral researcher at the Department of Signal Processing and Acoustics at Aalto University, Finland.
I am a postdoctoral researcher in the Audio Research Group at Department of Signal Processing, Tampere University of Technology, where I defended my dissertation on 4.9.2012.
- Coordinating recording and annotation of acoustic scenes and environmental sounds data. Few datasets have been released within DCASE 2016 - 2018 (see below).
- DCASE 2018 Challenge Coordinator in Task 1: Acoustic Scene Classification
- DCASE 2017 Challenge (Detection and Classification of Acoustic Scenes and Events) organization in collaboration with colleagues from Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- DCASE 2017 Worskshop organization in connection with the DCASE challenge
- DCASE 2016 challenge and workshop organization.
- Sound event detection in multisource environments (2010 onwards )
- Semantic information in sound event labels and annotating sound events in real life recordings(2010 onwards )
- Singing voice recognition, singer identification (2007-2012)
- Lyrics recognition, automatic alignment of singing and lyrics (2007-2012)
- TUT Acoustic Scenes 2016 - DCASE 2016 development dataset for Acoustic Scene Classification Task (9h 45 min, 15 classes)
- TUT Sound Events 2016 - DCASE 2016 development dataset for Sound Event Detection in Real-Life Audio Task (home and residential area sets, annotated at sound events level, 11+7 classes)
- TUT Acoustic Scenes 2017 - DCASE 2017 development dataset for Acoustic Scene Classification Task
(contains DCASE 2016 Development + Evaluation sets, in 10 second segments, 15 classes)
- TUT Sound Events 2017 - DCASE 2017 development dataset for Sound Event Detection in Real-Life Audio Task (street recordings, sounds related to human presence and traffic, 6 classes)
View complete list of publications
- A. Mesaros, T. Heittola, T. Virtanen - Acoustic Scene Classification: An Overview of DCASE 2017 Challenge Entries, to be presented at 16th International Workshop on Acoustic Signal Enhancement (IWAENC 2018), Tokyo, Japan, 2018
- A. Mesaros, T. Heittola, E. Benetos, P. Foster, M. Lagrange, T. Virtanen, M. Plumbley - Detection and Classification of Acoustic Scenes and Events: Outcome of the DCASE 2016 Challenge, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, 26 (2), 379-393, 2018
- A. Mesaros, T. Heittola, D. Ellis - Datasets and Evaluation. In: Virtanen T., Plumbley M., Ellis D. (eds) Computational Analysis of Sound Scenes and Events. Springer, Cham, 2018
- A. Mesaros, T. Heittola, T. Virtanen - Assessment of human and machine performance in acoustic scene classification: DCASE 2016 case study, IEEE Workshop on Applications of Signal Processing to Audio and Acoustics (WASPAA 2017), New Paltz, NY, 2017
- A. Mesaros, T. Heittola, A. Diment, B. Elizalde, A. Shah, E. Vincent, B. Raj, T. Virtanen - DCASE 2017 Challenge Setup: Tasks, Datasets and Baseline System, to appear in Proceedings of the Detection and Classification of Acoustic Scenes and Events 2017 Workshop (DCASE2017)
- T. Virtanen, A. Mesaros, T. Heittola, M.D. Plumbley, P. Foster, E. Benetos, and M. Lagrange (Eds.) Proceedings of the Detection and Classification of Acoustic Scenes and Events 2016 Workshop (DCASE2016), 2016, ISBN (Electronic): 978-952-15-3807-0
- A. Mesaros, T. Heittola, T. Virtanen - Metrics for Polyphonic Sound Event Detection, Applied Sciences, 6(6), 2016
Singing Voice Recognition for Music Information Retrieval
- Academic year 2016-2017: Analysis of Audio, Speech and Music Signals (lecturer)
- Academic year 2015-2016: Analysis of Audio, Speech and Music Signals(lecturer)
- Academic year 2014-2015: Analysis of Audio, Speech and Music Signals (lecturer)
- Academic year 2012-2013: Speech recognition (lecturer)
Annamaria Mesaros, email@example.com
Tampere University of Technology, Korkeakoulunkatu 1, room TC 338